Posted on Jan 8th, 2010 in Home Maintenance
| 0 comments
As if all that snow outside wasn’t an outright tipoff, winter is in full swing! While your house may be buried by the fluffy white stuff, you still need to keep the interior maintained throughout winter. This is a great time to concentrate on what needs to be taken care of inside your home, while you’re stuck inside and off the slick roads. Keep yourself busy this cold, snowy weekend with these wintertime interior home maintenance projects – and treat yourself to some sweet hot chocolate after!
INDOOR WINTER HOME MAINTANENCE TIPS:
- Vacuum the condenser coil located in the back or bottom of the refrigerator and clean the drain pan.
- Wash kitchen exhaust hood and air filters.
- Clean dishwasher food filters and check that openings in spray arms are clear.
- Inspect electrical outlets, phone outlets, and switch plates for air leaks and seal if necessary
- Tighten all doorknobs’ spindles and faceplates to keep them tight and functioning properly.
- Test water heater for proper temperature and adequate insulation
- Stockpile kindling and fuel for wood furnaces and fireplaces
- Clean and vacuum heating vents and ducts to minimize dust
- Inspect and clean humidifiers for efficient operation
- Stock up on canned food, bottled water, and candles for emergencies
Leave a Reply