Posted on Jan 31st, 2013 in Events
| 0 comments
Unless you live under a rock, or are just refusing to acknowledge it actually could go on without our beloved Packers making an appearance, you’re well aware that the Super Bowl takes place this Sunday. Though you may still feel the sting of Green Bay’s early departure in the postseason, chances are you’ll still be going to a viewing party or at least watching the game at home, clutching your Aaron Rodgers jersey. Whether surrounded by friends, family or a Clay Matthews Fathead wall decal, share some fun facts about America’s most celebrated night in front of the television. Here are 10 that would impress Lombardi, himself:
- Only four teams have never been to the Super Bowl — Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers and Dallas Cowboys are tied for the most Super Bowl appearances with eight.
- Eighteen of the league’s 32 teams have won the Super Bowl, and the Steelers lead the way with six wins.
- The San Francisco 49ers have the best Super Bowl record with 5 wins and 0 losses, while the Minnesota Vikings and Buffalo Bills are tied for the worst record at 0-4.
- The Bills are the only team to appear in four straight Super Bowls (XXV to XXVIII).
- No Super Bowl game has ever gone into overtime, and no team has ever been shut out in the game.
- The Super Bowl is measured in Roman numerals because a football season runs over two calendar years.
- The Green Bay Packers have appeared in five Super Bowl games, winning four. They won the first two Super Bowl games ever played, Super Bowl XXXI and Super Bowl XLV.
- The Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans will be the host of this year’s Big Game for a record seventh time.
- Beyonce will be performing the halftime show at Super Bowl XLVII. Who performed the halftime show in Super Bowl I? The Universities of Arizona and Michigan bands. There were no reported wardrobe malfunctions.
Leave a Reply