Cathy Rapp is a real estate agent and part of the Pop/Rapp Team in Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage’s North Shore office. Today, Cathy explains the importance of keeping your family safe by taking precautions when it comes to carbon monoxide in your home.
Keep Your Family Safe During the Holidays & Beyond
Every year about this time, I am reminded of the family traveling for the holidays to meet at a friend’s vacation home. I won’t get into the details, but falling asleep together after a long day of traveling, they all tragically died during the night from carbon monoxide poisoning. The Center for Disease Control reports that the majority of carbon monoxide exposures and poisoning occur more often during the fall and winter when people are more likely to use gas furnaces, heaters and generators in their homes. Carbon monoxide is a hidden threat as it is both a colorless and odorless gas. Keep your home, family, friends and pets safe during the holidays by following the CDC Recommendations below:
One additional thought – Going on vacation? Consider bringing along a battery operated CO detector. Have a safe holiday!