Posted on Nov 18th, 2010 in Holidays
| 1 comment
Heather Roden is a real estate agent and part of The Roden/Lindauer Team in Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage’s Mequon office. With the holidays coming up, Heather knows the importance of saving money and finding deals wherever she can. Today, she shares some of her favorite web sites for fantastic deals from restaurants to retail and more!
With the holiday season right around the corner, I thought everyone could use some helpful information that can save them money. There are many web sites available to us that offer fantastic deals from restaurants, spas, bars — to events, shopping, children’s activities, and more! Many of them offer a “sign up” feature notifying subscribers of the daily deal. The following really are worth checking out:
- MilwaukeeConsumer.com: Their goal is to provide consumers in Southeastern Wisconsin with useful information for purchasing decisions. Their frequent blog entries will alert you of good deals around the Milwaukee area and suggestions on how you can save money.
- Groupon.com Explore Your City at 50%-90% Off. Groupon negotiates huge discounts on popular local goods, services and cultural events. Then they offer the deals to thousands of subscribers in a free daily email. The deals are activated only when a minimum number of people agree to buy. So our subscribers get a great deal and the business gets a ton of new customers. Win-win. More than just a deal site, Groupon is a city guide, a social tool and the best way to experience your city without paying full price.
- Restaurant.com serves as the community matchmaker, introducing great restaurants to great people. From appetizers to dessert, from wine to dinner, Restaurant.com helps restaurant owners promote the new and unique aspects of their restaurants while providing diners with great value in a fun, new and cost effective way. Your favorite restaurant is in your neighborhood – maybe you just don’t know it yet. Restaurant.com is here to help. Once you are a member of restaurant.com you will be offered great deals from time to time. Sometimes 80% off gift certificates!
- LivingSocial offers one fantastic deal every day with discounts of up to 90% at local restaurants, bars, spas, theaters, and more. The Daily Deal -Each day, you’ll be sent one deeply discounted deal to use at local businesses. Sign up to get their daily email. Click to Buy- Purchase daily deals with one easy click. You will receive a link to your voucher the next business day. It’s that simple! Share for a Free Deal–After you buy the deal, you’ll get a unique link to share. If three people buy the deal using your link, then your deal is free.
- At crowdclick, they bring you fun things to do and save you a ton of money along the way. Each day they feature an amazing deal on fabulous restaurants, bars, spas, events and more in your city. You will get the low down on the best places to check out and rack up savings while you do. Crowdclick was started by the same team who founded PerkSpot, a leading corporate discounts provider. PerkSpot manages the discount programs for many companies, providing their employees with the best retailer discounts available.
- If you’re looking for the best deals online, check out CouponCabin - they spend their days searching consumer emails, online forums, blogs, merchant sites and even the Sunday newspaper looking for those elusive coupon codes online retailers release to their “special customers”. They monitor discounts for more than 2,000 online stores, sort through 3,000 weekly e-mails and update their directory three times a day so that you too can take advantage of these great online savings. To get findings delivered to your inbox, sign up for CouponCabin’s daily newsletter. Sent every day, their e-mail is packed with our very best coupons and deals for the week.
- Coupons.com Save up to 90% on family fun, sporting events, restaurants, books, pet care, toys, and more. My favorite feature on this is the instant printable coupons that you print and go!
- My very good stylish and trendy friend, Marina, also known as our Urban Firefighter Model, gave me some great website recommendations for designer clothes, shoes, accessories, home decor, even vacations for much, much less – And in her words “very-very cheap!” Hautelook.com and Ruelala.com. You can also find some hot deals at my husband’s clothing line site at: www.urbanfirewear.com
- MarcusTheaters has a great promotion called ‘Spotlight Movie Club,’ where just by signing up, you’ll receive showtimes in your inbox each week, special concession offers and best of all $5.00 select feature admission on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
At Mint, we believe that money is for living. That’s why we’ve created the simplest and most effective way to manage, save and grow your money… and why Mint.com is free.
And with our NEW Goals feature, you can set and track your progress towards goals—like buying a house, saving for retirement and getting out of debt—or create your own savings goals. Get customized advice to help you achieve your dreams faster.
- And finally a great site to help you manage all your hard earned money so that you can enjoy a lot of these great deals: Mint.com Helping You Do More with Your Money:
I would love to hear about any money savings ideas, websites, etc. that you have.
Leave a Reply