This time, it’s going to be different. A brand new year, brimming with possibilities, and you’ve resolved to move through your house like a whirling tornado of can-do, fixing and painting and organizing. This year, nothing will stop you. Welcome to your home improvement New Year’s Resolutions.
Based on the most-common top-ten resolutions gathered by “Time” magazine, USA.gov, and other sources, our friends at House Logic have put together an inspiring list of home management goals.
Ready for 2012? Click on each resolution to learn more:
1. Lose weight (cut energy use)
2. Quit smoking (purify indoor air)
3. Get out of debt (budget for improvements)
4. Learn something new (educate yourself on home finances)
5. Get organized (de-clutter)
6. Volunteer (support your community)
7. Drink less (curb home water use)
8. Spend more time with the family (share home improvement projects)
9. Get fit (exercise your DIY skills)
10. Be less stressed (use maintenance-free materials)